Omni Channel Marketing Director
Job Description BPN-RPC Staffing, Inc.
SPARC is a long-trusted source for the highest quality cannabis. Our cannabis products are sustainably grown on our Sonoma County estate in fully organic, biodynamic fields using only natural sunlight. SPARC began in 1998 as a trailblazer in medical cannabis, and today continues to originate and propagate many of the industry’s most rigorous quality-control practices. As a vertical company we cover all aspects of the supply chain with Cultivation, Processing, Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, and Delivery.
For those who benefit from medical cannabis and those who responsibly enjoy adult-use cannabis, SPARC is committed to advancing the standards of how cannabis and cannabis products are developed, cultivated, packaged and sold industry-wide, while being a force for good in the neighborhoods and communities we call home.
JOB TITLE: Omni-Channel Marketing Director
STATUS: Exempt (Full-time)
COMPENSATION: Salary + full medical, dental, long-term disability and life benefits, paid vacation, and paid sick time accrual.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to President & Chief Operating Officer
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Graphics Designers, internal and contracted, Content and Communications Coordinator, and Brand Ambassadors. Key Collaborators: VP of Operations, VP of Retail, VP of Wholesale, Compliance Director and CEO to oversee PR/GR contractors as appropriate.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Marketing Director works with members of the retail, product, and affiliated departments to develop and execute the brand and marketing strategy as well as product and retail promotions based on analysis of sales results and customer data. This includes all concept, messaging, placement, and design direction for internal promotions, external advertisements, web presence, and other mediums. The Marketing Director will find innovative ways to translate the core beliefs of what the organization stands for and the values it embodies into content that drives engagement. Additionally, the Marketing Director is familiar with norms and trends within the cannabis industry.
The Marketing Director must understand and embrace the mission of SPARC, affiliate organization(s), and their role in the industry and local and greater communities.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Develop, maintain and execute an omni-channel brand and marketing strategy.
- Assists in developing and adheres to a marketing budget.
- Monitor and assess the success of marketing efforts, including understanding the market / brand landscape and market trends.
- Research internal customer data to expand our addressable market and identify customer segments to address unmet needs or determine ways to create demand.
- Directs and oversees analytical data-gathering and marketing/consumer test strategies.
- Oversee and collaborate with PR professionals, internal and contracted.
- Conceptualize, direct and produce printed and digital collateral, including but not limited to: responsive web design, digital promotional banners, info-graphics, social media imagery, brochures, tradeshow materials, newsletters, in-store signage, advertising, product packaging, promotional handouts, etc.
- Recruit and oversee graphic design professionals as needed.
- Consistently interpret and apply brand guidelines across all media types, and ensure all materials meet the exacting, professional standards of our brands.
- Work interdepartmentally to collaborate on various campaigns.
- Carefully listen to and interpret input to efficiently manage the design revision process.
- Develop and manage project timelines, work with key personnel to plan and execute graphics campaigns.
- Manage communication, prioritization, and workflow for graphics production with stakeholders in retail, marketing, and product teams.
- Collaborate with GR/compliance team for managing public image and community reputation.
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing specific business results as needed.
- Any other reasonable request by company leadership.
- Curiosity, persistence, tenacity and the ability to excel in a fast paced dynamic environment – If you don’t like change this isn’t the job for you.
- Ability to manage projects through a well organized cross-functional process and a passion for solving problems and overcoming challenges related to our unique industry.
- Passion for intelligent and elegantly executed marketing and branding.
- Comprehensive understanding of design principles such as layout and composition, typography, and color theory.
- Creativity, flair, and a strong visual sense.
- Working knowledge and limited capabilities of current design tools, with an emphasis on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Skilled in creating marketing campaigns that are both visually stunning and intellectually stimulating.
- Highly independent and self-motivated.
- Experience creating powerful presentations.
- Understanding of corporate branding.
- Able to think conceptually with “the bigger picture” in mind.
- Confidence and communication skills to present and effectively communicate concept to colleagues.
- Strong listening skills and ability to incorporate feedback into improvement, ability to handle and manage constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills with both large and small audiences.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and possess the ability to communicate clearly and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Understanding of web design fundamentals like HTML, CSS, responsive design, and image optimization.
- Experience with A/B and user testing.
- Photography and videography skills.
- Experience in the cannabis industry.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a 4 year College or University with an emphasis in Marketing/Branding/Design with at least 2 years in marketing at a management level; or 4-6 years of equivalent professional experience. Must be 21 years old and pass a criminal background check.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye‐hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office setting with travel to various retail facilities throughout the North Bay, and potentially throughout California. Involves frequent contact with staff, vendors, and various community members and representatives. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events.